Expertise and Experience
Barbara Wohlrabe has been representing clients in a variety of litigation matters since 1985. Ms. Wohlrabe has worked extensively in the areas of business disputes, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and real property disputes. She has regularly represented individuals, businesses and other organizations in federal, state, and bankruptcy courts in Texas. Ms. Wohlrabe’s representative experience includes:
• Assisting in the representation of a reorganized debtor in defending against claims totaling in excess of $1.1 billion, resulting in a negotiated settlement of less than 3% of the amount sought by the plaintiffs.
• Assisting in the prosecution of creditor claims which resulted in the negotiation of settlements in excess of $400 million for her firm’s clients.
• Assisting in the successful appeal of Barr v. Resolution Trust Corp., a frequently cited case in which the Texas Supreme Court clarified the law of res judicata.
• Successfully obtaining summary judgments and dismissals in a variety of cases.
• Successfully obtaining stipulations of personal jurisdiction and affiliated-entity responsibility in connection with veil piercing/alter ego, joint venture and agency claims made by her pipeline client against foreign businesses.
• Successfully obtaining a temporary injunction and permanent injunction on behalf of a homeowners’ association on its claims against a developer for violation of residential deed restrictions.
• Assisting in the successful appeal that vacated the confirmation of a substantially consummated plan of reorganization in Southern Pacific Transportation Co. v. Voluntary Purchasing Groups, Inc.
Land Use and Restrictive Covenants
Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, J.D., 1985
Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1981
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Barbara is a member of the Dallas Bar Association. She is a director of the Lakeview Heights Addition Property Owners’ Association and is a member and patron of the Lakewood Heights Neighborhood Association.
Tel: (214) 780-1400
Fax: (214) 780-1401