Risk Management and Insurance
Shackelford has extensive experience and expertise in a wide variety of risk management, insurance, and reinsurance disputes and business issues. The firm’s experience includes:
1. representing insurance intermediaries, retail and wholesale, in a variety of issues, including professional liability claims, D & O claims, embezzlement claims, unfair competition claims, and employment matters;
2. representing insureds, intermediaries, and carriers in disputes over insurance coverage and defense of claims;
3. representing insurance intermediaries in negotiating and drafting agreements with carriers for insurance programs;
4. representing insurance intermediaries and their owners in the sale of all or part of insurance intermediaries;
5. representing insurance intermediaries in the drafting and enforcement, or defense of enforcement, of confidentiality and non-competition agreements.
Bill Hopkins (Austin office)