Keith H. Mullen
Keith represents commercial real estate lenders, landlords, tenants, servicers and owners across the United States, in a wide range of products and through every market cycle. This expertise includes creating, implementing and managing +17 leasing, lending and distressed debt programs.
For a growing number of companies, the scope of work for outside counsel extends beyond the traditional focus on legal expertise. These Companies expect their legal counsel to alter legal work flow and to deliver legal services in ways that assist the Company in better managing risks, reducing costs within the Company, improving the customer experience and collecting legal information for use by the Company.
Keith understands this new expectation, which he puts into action in tasks ranging from closing transactions to creating legal processes that align legal counsel with the Company’s business model, objectives and processes.
Expertise and Experience
• Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas M. Reavley, United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (1981-1982)
• Commercial Real Estate Finance: from program planning to loan closings and servicing tasks for banks, life insurance companies, private banks and capital market lenders
• Leasing: space leases, ground leases and financing structures
• Real Estate Equity Investments: including multi-use projects, common ownership and 1031 structures
• Technology: a leader in new uses of technology as part of legal work flow, such as legal data capture, on-line management of foreclosures and related actions, and the use of eSign and electronic documents
Commercial Real Estate
Creditors’ Rights and Commercial Bankruptcy
Public and Private Bond Issues
• State Bar of Texas (frequent CLE speaker on legal and technology-related topics)
• American Bar Association (he is the Real Property liaison to the Law Practice Division; and Technology Editor for the Real Property bi-monthly eReport)
• Mortgage Bankers Association of America (participated in the formation of the commercial group in forming MISMO)
• American College of Mortgage Attorneys (Technology and Legal Opinion Committees)
• Association of Life Insurance Counsel
University of Texas at Austin (Plan II, with high honors)
University of Texas at Austin
Storytelling with kids, and anything involving kids and their parents, are at the top of Keith’s interest list . . . behind his wife and the Texas Rangers baseball team, of course.
Tel: (214) 780-1333
Fax: (214) 780-1401